What is LipiFlow Dry Eye Treatment?
Many individuals are afflicted with dry eye syndrome. Once you’ve identified the cause of your dry eye disease e.g. Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD) you can focus on finding the right treatment.
LipiFlow Thermal Pulsation has brought lasting relief for many. Our ground-breaking technology comes from acknowledged dry eyes treatment experts TearScience®. The fact that we address the cause not just the symptoms is what has helped so many men and women reduce or eliminate suffering and lead normal lives.
What you need to know about LipiFlow chronic dry eye treatment
- The first step is to determine if you are indeed suffering from dry eye disease. Your doctor will conduct a thorough evaluation using a brief questionnaire to determine the likely cause of your dry eye symptoms.
- This dry eye lifestyle assessment allows your LipiFlow treatment provider to understand how your eyes feel on a daily basis.
- If the assessment indicates that your dry eyes symptoms are beyond mild, Dr. Adrian Long and his team will use LipiView® to evaluate the lipid (oil) layer on your eyes. It takes detailed images of your eye’s tear film to determine whether or not you have Evaporative Dry Eye caused by Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD).
- Once confirmed, we will use the advanced LipiFlow Thermal Pulsation System for opening and clearing blocked glands. This allows the body to resume the natural production of lipids (oils) needed for the tear film.
Dry, itchy eyes, pain and sensitivity to light as well as dry eyelids have forced many Canadians to put their lives on hold. Reading, using the computer or watching television is a painful experience.
Get Lasting Dry Eye Relief from the Experts
LipiView® helps answer worrying questions like “why are my eyes so dry?” as well as how to treat dry eyes caused by evaporative dry eye or Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD). In other words, you can stop thinking about your eyes all the time. With proven LipiFlow treatments, they will no longer bother you and you can live your life to the fullest again.
Don’t take our word for it, just ask our patients. Brigette says, “Once we started to understand what my problem was, that’s when we started to do things to make it better and that was where things changed after five years.”
Chronic or serve dry eyes are only going to worsen with time. Symptoms of deterioration can include:
- Increased evaporation of tears
- Unstable tear film
- Damage to the eye surface
- Further discomfort
- Inflammation and cell damage
- Fluctuation and decrease in vision
Opening and clearing blocked glands allows the body to resume the natural production of lipids (oils) needed for the tear film. The LipiFlow Thermal Pulsation System is a revolutionary way to treat Evaporative Dry Eye caused by Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD). It might the lasting solution you’ve been looking for to alleviate your continual discomfort. Find out if LipiFlow is right for you.